- Utilities / Services
Please rinse out containers - paper labels need not be removed.
What to recycle:
- Aluminum - Beverage containers and foil cleaned of food
- Boxboard - All non-corrugated cardboard, commonly used in dry food and cereal boxes and shoe boxes. Pizza boxes as longs as it’s not greasy
- Corrugated Containers - Lined with Kraft, jute or test paper
- Glass - Transparent and translucent food and beverage bottles and jars
- Newspapers, Magazines and Paper Products - Telephone books, dry newspapers and their inserts, magazines. Junk mail, high-grade paper, brown Kraft paper bags
- Plastic - All bottles and containers marked Number 1 through 7
- Rigid Plastic Containers - All 1 and 5 gallon buckets, lawn furniture, milk crates, garbage bins, plastic toys, etc.
- Tin and Steel - Cans, tin plates, food, and beverage containers
What not to recycle:
- Boxboard with wax or plastic coating or one contaminated by food
- Drinking glasses
- Electronics of any kind
- Mirrors, sheet glass, ceramics, dishes, or porcelain items
- Motor oil bottles, anti-freeze, hazardous materials containers are not acceptable
- Plastic grocery bags or plastic wrap
- Pyrex dishes
- Soaked or yellowed newsprint or material that was once wet
- Wax-coated and oriental old corrugated containers
Recycling Collection Schedule (PDF)
Please call Customer Service with any questions at 336-434-7339 or 336-434-7338.