The Planning Board is a recommending body to the City Council. Some of their responsibilities include the review and recommendation of Rezoning requests, Conditional Use Rezonings, Special Use Permit applications, and Watershed Permit applications. All meetings are scheduled for the first Monday of the month at 7pm unless otherwise noted.
The current members of the Board are:
Planning Board Members Ward Term Expires
- Larry Thomas, Chairman II 3/1/2016
- Phil Dorsett Jr., Vice-Chairman I 2/1/2017
- Larry Linthicum II 3/1/2016
- Wayne McCanless IV 3/1/2015
- Mitch Miller I 3/1/2016
- Douglas Monroe IV 3/1/2016
- Brent Kinney III 1/1/2016
- Chris Collins ETJ 3/1/2016
- David White, ETJ member ETJ 6/1/2015
The Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial decision body that meets as needed to review cases such as variances and administrative appeals. Five members of the Planning Board serve on the Board of Adjustment, while the remaining members serve as alternates.