CITY OF ARCHDALE
POSITION: POLICE OFFICER I
SALARY RANGE: $36,768 – $52,526 annually + $1,000 Sign-on bonus
BASIC FUNCTION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Performs general duty law enforcement work in the City’s Police Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Operates a patrol car to observe for violations of laws, suspicious activities or persons, and disturbances of law and order in the City.
- Operates two-way radio to receive instructions and responds to radio dispatches and answers calls and complaints.
- Serves warrants, summons, subpoenas, court orders and makes arrests; testifies in court.
- Enforces laws such as motor vehicle, criminal, domestic violence, drug enforcement, civil citations, etc.
- Performs preliminary investigations of accidents, complaints, and crimes; secures crime scene; identifies and gathers initial statements from witnesses and informants; and debriefs and prepares reports for the Police Detective.
- Completes incident reports, police reports, and other necessary paperwork associated with arrests and violations; maintains vehicle logs for gas and mileage.
- Provides the public with information on law enforcement, criminal incidents, and directions.
- Performs related work as assigned.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from high school and preferred three years law enforcement experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A valid North Carolina Class C driver license with a safe driving record. Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certificate issued by the State of NC.
A lateral transfer from another agency with like duties and a minimum of three years experience will be considered for appointment above the Police Officer I entry level salary.
HOW TO APPLY
- A City of Archdale police application packet must be completed. A resume’ can be attached as an addendum, but not in lieu of the application. Applications and any supporting documentation should be mailed or delivered to City of Archdale Police Department, “Officer Search”, 305 Balfour Dr. P.O. Box 14068 Archdale, NC 27263. Application packets (F-3 and Interest Card) can be picked up at the police department, 305 Balfour Dr. Archdale, NC 27263 or downloaded and printed from the HR page . Application deadline: Open Until Filled. Archdale is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION: PUBLIC WORKS TECHNICIAN I
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC WORKS
COMPENSATION RATE: $11.96 hourly
HOURS: 7:00am-3:30pm weekdays; other times when necessary or assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled First review of applications 3/31/2017
- Works with others in a team environment and follows all safety requirements. Participates in debris removal, mowing, trimming, and dealing with customer inquires and concerns. Makes water/sewer taps and repairs. Refurbishment of streets and city stormwater system as needed. Other tasks as assigned.
- Candidate should have the ability to lift 50+ lbs. and work in differing weather conditions. Must be able to perform basic life functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, and hearing. Candidate is required to possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license and have a safe driving record, with the ability to obtain a CDL-B in 6 months. CDL holders are preferred. Equipment operators including tractor, skid steer, backhoe preferred. Pre-employment drug testing, driving record and a criminal check are required.
HOW TO APPLY
- A completed City of Archdale application form must be received by the date and time indicated. A resume’ can be attached as an addendum, but not in lieu of the application. Applications should be mailed to Human Resources, “PW Tech Search” 307 Balfour Dr. P.O. Box 14068 Archdale, NC 27263 or dropped off in person. Office hours are 8am-5pm, M-F. Applications can be obtained at City Hall or downloaded or completed online . The City of Archdale is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION: AFTER SCHOOL COUNSELOR
DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION
COMPENSATION RATE: $7.25 hourly
HOURS: 2:00PM-6:00PM Monday-Friday
- NOW HIRING! Creekside Park is recruiting for a motivated individual who loves to work with children to be a counselor for our After School Program. Counselor’s engage in play with the children, so this is a very active position. Hours are 2pm – 6pm Monday – Friday, paying $7.25/hr. To apply, complete a City of Archdale application. A resume’ can be attached as an addendum, but not in lieu of the application. Applications and any supporting documentation can be completed online, hand-delivered to City Hall or mailed to Human Resources, “After School Counselor”, 307 Balfour Dr. P.O. Box 14068 Archdale, NC 27263. Applications can be downloaded or completed online. Archdale is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions, you can contact David Pollock at 336-434-7312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.