How to Apply/Stop/Transfer City Services

Posted by on Nov 11, 2015 in Utilities | No Comments

How do I obtain service for a new account?
Service may be obtained in person at City Hall. You will be required to complete an Application for Service and show legal responsibility for the service address. Legal responsibility can be shown with; an offer to purchase OR a closing disclosure OR a lease (whichever applies). Please bring your photo ID with you to City Hall. If you are married and you will both be living at the service address, your spouse will need to come into City Hall with you and bring their photo ID as well. A deposit may be required before service can be provided. The deposit could be up to $300 for residential service, depending on a credit review. Requests received prior to 3:30 pm can generally be connected the same day. There will be a $25.00 service fee which will be applied to your bill.

What if I move?
It is the customer’s responsibility to provide 24 hour advance written notice to our customer service department.  The information must be in writing, e-mail, or stopping by City Hall during regular business hours.  Regular business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.   Requests received prior to 3:30 pm can generally be disconnected the same day.  Account holder must provide a forwarding address and is responsible for all metered usage up to the date the City disconnects and takes the final meter reading. Service is billed in arrears therefore, you may receive 1 or 2 more bills, deposits will be applied to final bill.

What do I do with the carts if I move?
The garbage and recycling carts are property of Republic Services. Both carts should remain at the address where they were delivered. If the carts are removed, you could be charged a $75 replacement fee for each cart.

Leave a Reply