Archdale Police Department F.A.Q.s

Posted by on May 29, 2011 in Community, Emergency Services | No Comments

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Police reports can be obtained 24 hours a day from the police department:  305 Balfour Drive, Archdale, NC 27263.  The is no fee for the report.  Traffic crash reports can also be obtained from the internet at:

How do I retrieve my car, if it has been towed?

The registered owner must bring a current registration or title and picture identification to the police department (305 Balfour Drive, Archdale, NC 27263).  You will receive a copy of the tow sheet and the location of the towing company where your vehicle is stored.  The towing company’s fees must be paid directly to the company.

How do I get property back that was taken as evidence?

To retrieve evidence, a person must have a court order or written authorization from the case officer or detective investigating the case.  Call police records (336-434-3134) and schedule an appointment to pick the items up.  Bring with you picture identification and the case number.

What is the process to have fingerprints taken for employment?

Call police records (336-434-3134) and schedule an appointment.  Fingerprints are taken only on Wednesday or Thursday between the hours of 1:00pm-3:00pm.  This service is offered to Archdale residents.

Where do I go to get a criminal background check on myself or someone else?

All criminal record checks on individuals must be obtained from the clerk of court.  The police department does not perform criminal background checks for the public.

How do I find out who is a registered sex offender?

You may go to the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation website, to view the sex offender and public records registry.  If you do not have a computer, you may access one at any public library.  You may also contact the local Sheriff’s office in your county for assistance, as they maintain a list of all in their county.

When is animal control available?

The animal control officer is available Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm (336-434-3134).  If there is a problem with an animal and the animal control officer is not on-duty or unavailable, the police department will dispatch an officer to handle the problem.

How do I find out about a court date?

You would need to contact the clerk of courts office in the appropriate county.  You may also search the internet for your court date at the following website:

Where do I get a domestic violence protection order (50-B)?

During normal business hours, 50-B orders can be obtained from the Randolph County Clerk of Court or the Guilford County Magistrate.  After normal business hours you can call a magistrate for more information (Archdale Magistrate’s Office 336-819-3643 or Asheboro Magistrate’s Office 336-328-3011).

My child’s (father/mother) has failed to return the child as we had agreed upon.

Child custody issues are normally civil matters.  Unless a parent has a court order with specific directions from the court on who has custody, then either parent may assume custody of the child, take a child wherever they wish and for any period of time.  The fact that the parents of the child are not married does not matter as long as both are the legitimate parents of the child.  Law enforcement may only assist in locating and returning the child to a parent when there is a valid Court Order and there is a clear violation of that order.

How do I get someone out of my house?

If the person has been staying there, you may have to formally evict him/her.  That process can be handled by a magistrate (Archdale Magistrate’s Office 336-819-3643, Asheboro Magistrate’s Office 336-328-3011, High Point Magistrate’s Office 336-801-5333).  If the person has not been staying there, you need to call the police department at 336-434-3134 so an officer can be dispatched to your location regarding a trespasser.

At what age is a person considered an adult?

A person is considered an adult at the age of 18.  Parents/legal guardians are responsible for persons until they reach the age of 18.  However, should a person at the age of 16 or 17 commit a crime, they are processed and handled in the court system as an adult.

What do I do about my teenager/juvenile that will not go to school and will not cooperate with me?

Contact the Randolph or Guilford County Juvenile Service office for assistance.

What is the most current Child Safety Seat Law and what does it require?

Effective January 1, 2005 the NC Child Passenger Safety law requires children to be in a child passenger restraint system until they reach eight years of age or eighty pounds, whichever comes first.  Most drivers will comply by using belt positioning booster seats, but other child restraints with harnesses rated for use over forty pounds will be legal to use as well.  If you would like to have your child restraint system inspected for correct installation, you may contact the police department at 336-434-3134 and schedule an appointment with a child restraint technician. Appointments are available Wednesdays and Thursdays between 1:00pm and 3:00pm.

How long does a new resident of NC have before they must change their driver’s license to North Carolina?

60 days.

Why was my vehicle seized when I was arrested for driving while impaired?

In North Carolina, if (1) a person is charged with an impaired driving offense and (2) at the time of the offense the person’s license is already revoked for a prior impaired driving offense, then the law enforcement officer must seize the vehicle even if the driver is not the owner of the vehicle.

What will happen to my vehicle that was seized from a driving while impaired arrest?

Based on certain factors, the court will either (1) return the vehicle to the owner (also known as releasing the vehicle) or (2) transfer ownership of the vehicle to the local school board (also known as forfeiting the vehicle).

Leave a Reply