What to recycle:
Please rinse out containers – paper labels need not be removed.
- Aluminum - Beverage containers and foil cleaned of food.
- Glass - Transparent and translucent food and beverage bottles and jars.
- Tin & Steel – Cans, tin plates, food and beverage containers.
- Plastic - All bottles and containers marked #1-7.
- Rigid Plastic Containers – All 1 & 5 gal. buckets, lawn furniture, milk crates, garbage bins, plastic toys, etc.
- Newspapers, Magazines & Paper Products – Telephone books, dry newspapers and their inserts, magazines. Junk mail, high grade paper, brown Kraft paper bags.
- Corrugated Containers – Lined with Kraft, jute or test paper.
- Boxboard – All non-corrugated cardboard, commonly used in dry food and cereal boxes and shoe boxes. Pizza boxes as longs as it’s not greasy.
What NOT to recycle:
- Boxboard with wax or plastic coating or one contaminated by food
- Wax-coated and oriental old corrugated containers
- Soaked or yellowed newsprint or material that was once wet
- Drinking glasses
- Mirrors, sheet glass, ceramics, dishes, or porcelain items
- Electronics of any kind
- Pyrex dishes
- Motor oil bottles, anti-freeze, hazardous materials containers are not acceptable
- Plastic grocery bags or plastic wrap