- Medical Insurance (Mostly City-paid for employee, dependent coverage extra): Cigna (Employee pays $17.50 per pay period) - Wellness
- Dental Insurance (City-paid for employee, dependent coverage extra): Lincoln
- Vision Insurance (City-paid for employee, dependent coverage extra): Superior Vision
- Employer-paid accidental death insurance (dependent coverage available)
- 1-year salary up to $50,000
- Dependent coverage $5,000 children
- Spouse: $10,000
Note: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life coverage effective 30 days from date of hire.
North Carolina Retirement & Death Benefit
6% employee, 9.05% employer -- Death Benefit is 1-year salary up to $50,000.
401(k), 457 and Roth 401(k) Supplemental Retirement
Employee Contribution - up to $19,500 yearly.
Note: Available after 1 year of service
Vacation, Sick & Holiday Leave
- Vacation is 3.08 hours per pay cycle
- Sick leave is 3.70 hours per pay cycle
- Holiday leave is 11 per year
Tuition Assistance Program
Reimbursement at one-half of the costs up to a maximum of $2,000 per fiscal year.
- Local Government Employee’s Credit Union (LGFCU) Membership available
- Employee assistance program (EAP) - Family Services
- Confidential assistance with issues such as: legal problems, substance dependence or emotional difficulties.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA or FLEX) - P&A Group
- Pre-tax contributions to medical or childcare accounts.
- Supplemental Insurance with Allstate Benefits (Cancer, Accident and Critical Illness available)